Last updated: May 12, 2023
1.1. We may collect certain information from you described in the categories below (collectively, “Information”):
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to, a particular person or household, such as your name, email address, physical address, date of birth, or similar information (collectively “Personal Information”);
- Information which is about you but is not capable of identifying an individual or household, such as information regarding your employment or parental leave details;
- Information regarding how the Services are accessed and used by you, including but not limited to your access times, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, content you have accessed or seen, the time spent on certain training modules or pages, and other similar data (collectively, “Usage Data”).
2. HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
2.3. We may also use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and Internet Protocol address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1. We may use your Information, including your Personal Information:
- To operate the Website, perform or fulfill Services for you, deliver information to you about our products and services (including additional products and services that may be of interest to you), and to improve and tailor our products and services to better fit our Users,
- To inform you of changes to our Website or our policies (including this Policy), to solicit additional information from you from time to time, to provide information about our current Services and any updated or additional Services that we may offer from time to time, to respond to inquiries from you, or for other administrative reasons;
- To analyze how you interact with our Services and to assist us in determining whether to develop new products and services;
- To resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our agreements with you, including this Policy;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Services, and to ensure the security of our information technology systems, architecture, and networks;
- To comply with legal obligations and legal processes, and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
4.2. We may use your Information for any other specific purpose that we communicate to you upon collection of the same, and for any purpose that you approve or for which you direct us to use such Information.4.3. We may create aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information derived from your Personal Information or other Information (the “De-Identified Data”). We may use such De-Identified Data for any lawful purpose that we deem appropriate, including using the same for our marketing purposes, for demonstrating the use or capabilities of our Services, and for further developing our Services. If your employer has engaged us to provide the Services to you, we may provide the De-Identified Data to your employer.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5.1. We will not sell your Personal Information. However, we may provide Usage Data and De-Identified Data to third parties for any lawful purpose that we deem appropriate, which may be provided for certain consideration or without consideration.
5.2. If you are provided access to the Services through your employer, we will share with your employer whether or not you have enrolled in certain Services with us. We will not share other information with your employer, except there may also be instances where we are legally required to report certain information to your employer, in which case we will share the information that we determine is legally required. Further, we may share De-Identified Data with your employer.
5.3. We may disclose and share Information, including your Personal Information, with third parties as set forth below.
- We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and with contractors, service providers, and other third parties who we have engaged in order to continue to develop our Website, improve our Services, and provide the Services to you. For example, we may share your Information with IT service providers, such that they may support our IT systems, provide hosting, processing, and analyzing services with respect to information and data collected, and provide maintenance of such systems, or on the basis of other legitimate interests.
- We may share your Information as part of a transfer or assignment if we are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another entity, or otherwise reorganized or liquidated, provided that, if in connection with such sale, merger, or other reorganization, the collection, use, or disclosure or your Information will differ from this policy, you will receive a notification of the same as provided herein above, and you may terminate your Account in your discretion.
- We may share your Information with credit card issuers and financial institutions in order to obtain payment from you if you agree to make a payment to use for the use of the Services, such that they may process payments and refunds, verify the absence of fraud, or assist in debt collection, in the course of the performance of a contract or on the basis of other legitimate interests.
- We may share your Information as appropriate to protect us, other Users, and third parties if we believe that you may harm, or have harmed, the property or rights of Parentaly, other Users, or any other third party, to report, disclose, limit, respond to, or prevent such conduct or activity.
6. GROUP COACHING SESSIONS
Our Services are not intended to individuals under the age of 16. You should not agree to access or use the Services if you are under the age of 16. We do not knowingly provide services, grant Accounts on the Website, or collect Personal Information, of individuals under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to Parentaly through the Website, please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. YOUR CHOICE REGARDING YOUR DATA
Your Account may provide you with certain options with respect to Information we collect from you, and we may provide you with the option to update or delete certain Information that we may have about you. If you delete certain information, or decline to share certain Information with us, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionalities otherwise available to you.
To the extent we rely on your consent to process any Information, you may revoke that consent at any time. If you wish to revoke such consent, or if at any time you do not wish to receive certain communications from Parentaly, you may either (i) click the opt-out link if such option is made available to you in certain circumstances, such as via email communications; or (ii) send your request to Parentaly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (iii) use your Account to make such change if such option is made available to you. It may take up to ten days for the change to be fully effective. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continuously maintain any De-Identified Data. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of all communications from us unless you terminate your Account, such as communications related to this Policy or your Account.
10. ACCOUNT CLOSURE AND DELETION
We will retain your Information for the entire time that you keep your Account open. After you close your Account, we may retain your Information: (i) for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement, to protect our legal interests, or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; (ii) on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures; and (iii) as to De-Identified Data, indefinitely.
We have put in place industry-standard procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online, such as dedicated virtual private servers, a web application firewall, an encrypted database, and no third-party access to the server. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that 100% of the data transmissions are secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are limitations to security and privacy of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of the Personal Information exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. As such, you should take special care in deciding what Personal Information you provide or disclose in using the Services. Parentaly is not responsible or liable for the circumvention by third parties of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
12. UPDATING INFORMATION
If any Personal Information you have provided to us changes while you are utilizing the Services, you are responsible for promptly updating such information via your Account if such option is made available to you, or reaching out to us at email@example.com to update such Information.
13. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
14. STATE-SPECIFIC PRIVACY INFORMATION
14.1. Certain US states, such as California, Virginia, Connecticut, Utah, and Colorado, may provide their residents with rights to:
- Request information regarding which the categories of personal information, and/or the specific personal information, a business has collected about a user and how such information has been used and disclosed;
- Access and delete certain personal information;
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales; and
- Correct inaccuracies about a user’s personal information.